Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Best

Sundays as an atheist are a bit strange for me still. It's been years since I have attended church on a regular basis, but there is still a part of me that feels guilty to me. I was talking to one of the closest people to me, and we were talking about what our "sermons" are now. I still treat Sunday as a catch up day. So it usually goes something like this:

Sleep in, check Facebook and email. Text Good Morning to a very close friend, and read a bit on my phone. Whatever I'm feeling, science or ex-mo theory or literature. I've been on a poetry kick lately, so it's been a lot of Dorianne Laux. If you want a sample of her work, click here. Get up, shower and wash my face. Make a batch of coffee, and then play some jazz. I truly believe that the only music for Sunday is jazz.

And then there are three websites I visit:

Brittany Gibbeous' Blog, whom has been an amazing inspiration to me. For both your wit and your soul, Brittany, thank you.

Ashley's Blog, one of my favorite people I've ever met, and who has lived through an amazing story. READ EVERYTHING SHE'S EVER WRITTEN.

Post Secret, which people send in their secrets on postcards.

Sunday is a day to remember humanity, and try and embrace solitude and calmness.

And then, usually, I make a shit ton of food.

Happy Sunday, everyone. May you find some calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment