Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mood Swings


I go through different mood swings. And different life phases. All the time.
Most of the time, I love theatre more than I can say. It's what I live for and work for. But days like today...?
I wish I worked a day job.
Theatre runs in cycles, and usually, I'm okay with it. There are lazy times, and then everything culminates into one giant glob of stress and terrible, called Tech Week, or for the less politically correct, Hell Week. It's where everything that was supposed to have gotten done weeks and weeks before suddenly gets done....in a matter of days. It's one big ball of stress. And so, as I sit here, finishing my hats, I sometimes wonder...what would life be like if I just...made phone calls all day?
If I didn't sprint off to Tuacahn to pick up more work every week? If I didn't work with the SAME people I go to class with and do productions with and hang out with? What if I just....didn't?
What if I just curled up in my caterpillar blanket and slept? Forever?
That's the dream.

1 comment:

  1. If you can figure out how to get paid while in your cocoon....I'm in.

    ReplyDelete