Friday, October 19, 2012

Past Prayers

Today, I walked onto campus and was surprised at what I found. I had forgotten about this cross. Every year, one of the Christian churches around town puts this out and asks people to write prayers. And I remembered.

Last year ago, today, feeling lost and desperate, I hastily scribbled "Help me find something to believe in." I stuck it to the cross and forgot about it. Until today.

I feel as though I must express my gratefulness today, for the peace I have found. I am so grateful that I am no longer the person I was a year ago, racked with guilt and depression, and feeling very much alone. A lot has changed in my life, since that day, and I have to say, I don't regret a thing. I am so grateful to the people around me, who have helped me through this. I am so grateful to feel like I have a place in this world and this universe. And I am grateful for my optimism about the human race.

So, all those around me, if you would like to send out a message of what you really need, feel free to write in a comment here. And who knows, maybe it will find it's way around to you. Like mine did.

No comments:

Post a Comment